Monday 3 November 2014

Crathorne Bug - design and colour

Design
Colour ways
Stitch ideas

Colours
I was due to teach this design to a needlework touring group on the 1st October 2014 in Crathorne Hall Hotel in Yarm, North Yorkshire, except we had to evacuate as there was a fire in the roof, so I never actually starting teaching.

I promised the group that I would blog the working of the design once they were back home again (Australia, New Zealand, USA) - so here we go . . .

It may take me a little while to get going as I am mid-term with a load of students with day to day admin, but I will get there.

Above is the design, and my working drawings, and colour ideas.  



7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it done up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The whole design is roughly 10cm square, or 4 inches square, or it can be bigger or smaller too!

      Delete
  3. This is going to look amazing. It's nice to see how you plan your work to can't wait to see it done .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't quite make out all the color numbers. Can you post them, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary Lou - I will list the colours as I work them into the design for you all. Coming soon . . .

      Delete
  5. Will look forward to following this design. It is really nice. I can’t wait to see you get started.

    ReplyDelete