Sunday 1 April 2012

the stamp

the finished stamp - showing detail of satin stitch and seeding

showing more detail and depth
The completed stamp was taken from an ink jet printed design.  My objective was to enhance the design with simple stitch rather than detract.  The whole design contains, couching, running stitch, seeding (single and double), satin stitch, stem stitch, using a tarnished 'passing' metal thread, stranded cotton, and a metallic stranded thread (which is a nightmare to use, but I am sure that is part of its charm!).  Design is approximately 12cm x 17cm and worked on plain cotton fabric.

7 comments:

  1. I like this.=) Sadly, stamps cost a great deal more these days.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - thank goodness for email, Skype and Blogging!

      Delete
  2. I like this stamp very much! I am considering making a Jubliee piece but that's as far as I've gotten. Not sure what yet, only that it would have to have a Canadian flair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - look forward to seeing your ideas too, it does take time.

      Delete
  3. Love this piece. Did you ink jet print direct onto fabric yourself? I'm a techno eejit, get very confused about easiest way to get images onto fabric...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! I basically masked the fabric onto A4 paper and pushed it through my Canon ink jet, which did not like it very much, but I did quite a few and it became easier as I tried different approaches.

      Delete