Thursday 12 November 2015

Rust Dyeing . . .

Recently, I went on a weekend workshop of Rust Dyeing with Alice Fox . . . 
Box of rusty split pins
My board of rusty wrapped specimens
Thread wrapped round rusty split pins, and dipped in tea to help the rust dyeing process
After the rust dyeing process, I start to assemble my dyed pieces
Rust dyeing involves, natural fabrics, threads and fibres, rusty objects, and tea used to create marks on fabrics and thread, which can be used in embroidery and textile art. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks really exciting Tracy! I'm envious. Will you be at K&S in Harrogate? Would love to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shirley - yes it was great! I really enjoy learning something new, but turning it into my own style, and adding traditional embroidery features. Yes, I will be at the show at the weekend only, both Saturday and Sunday. Would love to meet up too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Will hopefully do a little more, and then post what I have achieved Irene. Keep watching . . .

      Delete