Samples of paper and stitch from some time ago, which I want to, need to and look forward to exploring again, in the not too distant future. I concentrated on metallic coloured papers, manipulating, tearing and cutting, then attaching with stitch - simple stitch.
Experimenting and making fringing using my Bernina sewing machine primarily for City & Guilds teaching. I used natural fabrics, and natural colours including silk, calico and organza. Techniques include fraying, free style machine embroidery, and wrapped cords. I loved experimenting, and still have more ideas. The other thing I should have said about my 'machine fringes' is that, I always seem to insist on working with white, off white, natural, etc. - and therefore - really difficult to photograph, with a lot of editing in Photoshop!
pop-out-box I made this box about 15 years ago. It was made for an exhibition which did not quite happen for me, so it has never been on show - and here it is - show cased on my blog! I was inspired by the mechanics of how some drawers worked in the Royal School of Needlework archive department (which are no more), and pop up books.
Combined - this is what I came up with! Basically - the drawer itself has a rounded edge, so once the tab is pulled, the lid of the drawer lifts, then the pop out flower falls out.